Monday, February 6, 2012

Lace Collars

Barb Cherwaty taught her Bead Embroidered Lace Collar this past Saturday.   Her lace collar is really big, and I think it scared potential students off.

 Barb kindly gave me a lace collar to play with.   I started working on it during the Super Bowl.  OK, I listened for the good commercials...especially liked the one with the racing French bulldog (of course!) but I digress.   Since I started with an off white collar, I wanted to keep it in the ivory family, with subtle colors.   I thought Swarovski elements Silk would be a perfect color, but I did not have a rivoli or large stone in that color.   After thinking about it a while, I hit upon using a large coin pearl for my starting point.


What do you think so far?

2 comments:

  1. A great job so far. I just know that this will end up being so "you"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be gorgeous, Joanne. Love the colors....you know me and monochromatic color schemes! Anxious to see more! -Lisa H.

    ReplyDelete