Monday, November 29, 2010

Day One in Hong Kong...Pearls

Well, I finally made it to Hong Kong.   It is like New York City on steroids...and Nathan Street (where our hotel is located) is like Broadway.   Everyone is very friendly, and I am loving it.

Our itinerary starts with pearl shopping.   Here is part of our merry band, all fresh-faced, having rested well after a grueling day of flying, ready to face the pearls.
Our first stop was, well, you just have to see the sign yourself.   Yes, that is an "F" starting the first word.   I just could not make this up.


.

Despite their name, Fook Yue Pearl Co. had tons of very beautiful high end pearls, and I could not resist immersing myself in them.











Even the men got into the act!   Pictured are J-ME and Guy Lynn of Wild Things, our tour organizers.








Our day started at 9am, and we left our last stop at about 6pm.   A full day of pearl shopping.   And look at the loot from just one part of one room of one dealer!







And finally, one parting shot from day one.   I could not help but take a photo of this little pearl house.   Who wants to move in?

No comments:

Post a Comment