Monday, November 8, 2010

UFOs...UnFinished Objects

I used to be such a project-oriented beader.  I would see a project to fruition, then start another.  And, as far as projects at the store (repairs and custom work) I still am, but my personal projects have been sadly neglected.   I often feel like the plumber with leaky pipes, or the shoemaker who's kids run barefoot.

There is last week's Farfalle Bracelet, which hasn't grown since the picture in my last blog entry.   OK, that's not so bad.   Then there is the Spiral Rope Lariet that is awaiting the Russian Leaf fringe from this summer.  Well, that is just a few months....not terrible.


My big cigar box project from two years ago (I think) did get a little bit done to it one evening while beading at a friend's house, but that is all that has been done since starting it.   Then there is the Melanie Potter kit that I purchased in Tucson probably four years ago.   It is a lariet done in a tubular chevron stitch.   I did start it; got about 2 inches done, then decided that I needed to change it to add a different seed bead in the center to make the beading go faster.   It was just too tedious having to count beads each time to get to the center bead to add the next section.  Especially in a long lariet!

Then there are all the projects in my head.   And the new ones I want to try my hands at from Beadwork and Bead and Button.

Not that I haven't finished anything.  I have been doing a lot with the fab chain that we have in the shop.   And I have made a few neck pieces with my latest obsession, vintage brooches.   But the elaborate (and not so elaborate) seed bead work is sitting. 

Maybe now that I have 'fessed up' publicly, I will get moving on some of these UFO's.   Maybe.

Tell us about your UFO's.

No comments:

Post a Comment