Saturday, April 14, 2012

Playing with Leather

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I purchased some fabulous leather from Mood Fabric in NYC when I was recently there.   I finally got around to playing with it a bit.   OK, I had a LOT to do in the store.   All those beady purchases weren't going to get priced and placed on the sales floor by themselves!

I wanted to stay pretty simple with my first venture with the leather, so I envisioned a fairly simple cuff with a bead embroidered cab.   I found an interesting druzy (from CBB, of course!) and went from there.

I chose an almost metallic finish black leather for the cuff, and kept it all in grays and gunmetal.     The edging is done in a steel color charlotte to give it an industrial feel.   I backed it with another piece of leather, suede side out for wearing comfort, and added two snaps for the closure.

I LOVE the way it turned out!!   It was easy enough to do the embroidery right on the leather, and even though this one was thin, I did not need to back it with any Lacy's; the second piece of leather for the backing gave it enough body.

Now my little brain is swimming in ideas for more leather cuffs.   I had better find myself some more snaps this weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment